Thursday, May 13, 2010

IF I HAD IT MY WAY, ALL WOMEN WOULD BE HONORED ON MOTHER’S DAY.

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4

"HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"



I had a great Mother’s Day weekend and I hope you had a great one too. Thanks to my Church, the two men in my life and my friends and family, who sent me kind Mothers’ Day wishes.

At Church on Sunday, when the mothers were called to the front of the congregation to be honored, as is customary, on Mother’s Day, I made a conscious effort to scan the audience to see the faces of the women still sitting there, who are obviously not mothers. I studied their faces, and as I did that, the emptiness, the void I felt for over a decade, when I was sadly, one of those women who had no choice but to remain in the audience, came flooding in.

As the faces of those women differ, I would imagine that the circumstances which led them to be in this position, also differ as well. Their faces somehow, did not convey that they were comfortable sitting there, and I just could not help it, I felt sadness for them.

I was so relieved when the children, after presenting us with our tokens, scattered in the audience and presented those women with tokens as well. I saw one woman remarked, ‘for me’ and took the token with such gratitude. My heart felt at peace, and I thought, this is the way it should be. All women should be honored on mother’s day, whether they are biological mothers are not, because I am almost sure, that at some point in their lives, they must have found themselves acting in this capacity and even if this is not the case for all, for even the mere fact that as women, we do possess this big heart to love and to nurture as only a woman can.

Just thought I would share this.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY.





2 comments:

  1. Great post! I scan around church all the time and look at the childless couples and wonder how many of them are TTC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda, this was the first time in my three years of being a mom, that I made a conscious effort to look at these faces. I just wanted to see what my face looked like all those years, when I sat where they sat. It was truly something, to be able to do this.

    ReplyDelete