Friday, May 14, 2010

ENDOMETRIOSIS AND TRYING TO CONCEIVE


Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4


"HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"



Padma Lakshmi,, model, actress and host of ‘Top Chef ‘on Bravo, opens up about her years of struggles with endometriosis, to co-host Meredith Vierra on the Today Show, along with chief medical correspondent, Dr. Nancy Snyderman. Padma did several surgeries, before becoming pregnant last year and giving birth to her miracle baby girl, in February of this year, after being told that she would never get pregnant naturally. Padma says, looking at her daughter, shortly after giving birth, "I can't beleive she is actually here.......thank you for my daughter."

See video clip of interview at:-


Endometriosis affects one in ten women and is one of the leading causes of infertility. It’s symptoms include:-
  • Irregular, heavy and periods 
  • Backache
  • Pelvic Pain 
  • Infertility
The good news is, there are treatments available to help you conceive and some of these are:-
Endometriosis does not mean that you will never get pregnant, it is just important that you get diagnosed early, listen to your body when it is telling you that something is wrong and seek the necessary help soon, so that your dreams to conceive, can come through earlier.

 Be encouraged and until next time, keep clinging to hope.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. Hope the information contained herein, will be of help to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with her medicine, i collected her contact an explain my situation to her she prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe I by her. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2014. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2016, thank you mama , this is her email contact if you require her help nativeiyabasira@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete