Tuesday, May 11, 2010

INFERTILITY IS BY NO MEANS PARTIAL

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4

"HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"


Infertility is by no means partial, it transcends all borders. It touches far and wide, it touches the poor, it touches the rich, it touches the small and it touches the great.

I just learnt recently that former first Lady, Laura Bush had fertility issues. In an interview on the Today Show on NBC recently, former first Lady Laura Bush said that she wanted children so badly, before giving birth to twin girls. I must admit when I found out that she and former President of the United States, George W. Bush had twins, I immediately thought, ‘I wonder if they had problems conceiving and these girls are the result of fertility treatment. Not that one has to be on fertility treatment to give birth to twins, but it is highly common in this regard. It has not been confirmed though, that these girls are actually the product of fertility treatment.

When her recently married daughter, Jenna, who was also present at the same interview on the today show asked her, where she sees herself in ten years, she quickly responded, ‘surrounded by grandchildren, I would hope,’ and was looking at her daughter, as she says this, with a bright smile on her face.

As I sat there and listened, my heart revisited the sadness I experienced all those years of struggling with infertility, when I wanted so much to give my mother-in-law grandchildren (my mother had), because parents, especially mothers, look forward so much, after the wedding of their children, to the day when they would welcome their grandchildren into the world. This was definitely a difficult part of my struggle, because I knew that my mother-in-law was yearning just as my husband and I were.

Mrs. Laura Bush just published her autobiography entitled, ‘Spoken from the Heart.’





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Get your copy today.

2 comments: