Thursday, October 6, 2011

“TAKE THAT BELLY OFF YOU AND PUT RIGHT HERE,” SHE SAID


Ever since it is known that I am expecting, everyone has been so excited and happy for us. I have been showered with attention and people just want to know how I am doing, when I am due, and what sex baby I will be having. I am always so happy to respond to them and very happy for the attention.
One day recently, I saw this lady watching me walk up to her. She had this smile on her face as she said to me, “take that belly off you and put right here,” and was touching her stomach. I smiled and continued walking, not quite sure what or how to respond.
For the rest of the day, I played it over and over again in my head. This lady, I know had a hard time conceiving and have been since blessed with a darling son. Did she want more children? Probably, I thought, and maybe she indeed tried but was not able to have any more.
I felt a sadness in my heart for her, because I remember when we decided that it was only fair that our son had company and began trying, and realised that we were dealing with secondary infertility, I was sad, and felt myself heading down the same road of despair that I was on before I had our son, having heard that once you became pregnant and have a healthy child, it should not be hard to conceive again. It was not so for us, as we had to draw on the same program we used (herbs, proper diet and exercise), when we became pregnant with our son.
Infertility hurt from any angle and because of my intense struggle with it, I am very aware and sensitive to people who, I believe is hurting in this regard.
That is one of the positives that struggling with infertility gave me and I am forever grateful.












post image by: http://us.cdn2.123rf.com/168nwm/domenicogelermo/domenicogelermo1003/domenicogelermo100300144/6657108-pregnant-woman-communicates-with-the-friend--indoors.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment