Friday, October 14, 2011

LIGHT MOMENT FRIDAYS FEATURE 22 - KIDS SAY AND DO THE DARNEST THINGS


Not so long ago, for one of my ‘Light Moment Fridays’ feature, I related how our 4 year old son saw me sitting on the toilet urinating, and told me I was doing it all wrong, and went on to instruct me on how to do it. He said, ‘stand up and point your penis and pee.’
I thought to myself, well now is the time for him to be introduced to the different parts of the male and female body. We tried many times but I guess they wont really get things until their little minds are ready.
Well, they have just reached that topic in preschool as one of his homework recently, asked him to name the parts of the male and female body.
The other day I was in the grocery store and felt him tugging at my top and attempting to lift it up. I said what are you doing? He responded, I am looking for your vagina. I turned white from fright and made a quick glance around to see if anyone was noticing us. Thankfully no one was.
The other day I had my towel on about to take a shower, he began removing my towel, I said, ‘what are you doing, mommy is about to take a shower.' He responded, I just want to see your ‘gina.’ So thankfully, he now knows the difference between the male and female reproductive organs.
The stages of development in kids; so exciting and frightening at the same time. I am loving every moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment