Tuesday, April 19, 2011

SO, WHEN DO YOU BREAK THE NEWS ABOUT YOUR PREGNANCY????



Women are known to be at highest risk of miscarrying up to the first twelve weeks of their pregnancies and as a result of this, many women wait to break the news until they have crossed this timeline.

For women who are struggling with infertility and finally find themselves pregnant, it can be very difficult to hold on to this news for twelve weeks. From experience, you want to shout it from the roof top. You want to tell everyone you meet about this great thing that you have waited for so long, to have happen in your life.

When I first became pregnant, which sadly I lost to a missed abortion, I was so elated, I began telling everyone as soon as I received the positive home pregnancy test. I learned all too soon that this was a terrible mistake because when I lost my pregnancy shortly thereafter, I was not only dealing with pain from this loss, I was dealing with the fact that I had to tell all who I had told, that I had miscarried. Not a pleasant thing to have had to do.

For the pregnancy with my son, having learned so well from my previous experience, I waited until I was four months into my pregnancy before I broke the news.  This was hard and I must confess that I did tell a few persons who were very close to me and knew of my infertility struggles, but I did manage  to hold on to this news, until it was safe to tell all others.

It is therefore recommended that time be allowed to get pass the twelve week  mark in a pregnancy, before you break the news. I know for people struggling with infertility, understandably, that this will be difficult to do, because you want to tell everyone your good news almost immediately. Do bear in mind though, that miscarriages are very high among persons dealing with infertility and so, if nothing else, this should encourage you to wait, before making your announcements. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such interesting Blog. Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is the most prevalent reproductive problem in young girls and women.As homocysteine could be a contributing factor to polycystic ovarian syndrome, a blood test should be carried out.

    Polycystic ovarian disorder

    ReplyDelete