Wednesday, February 19, 2014

GRATEFUL WEDNESDAYS : ” SMILE AWHILE”


"Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. 
And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, 
you can survive it."  
Bill Cosby

Today I am grateful for Laughter.
I am sure you have realized more than once that when you are  stressed about things,  all you  have to do is be given the chance at a very good laugh and then you feel so much better. It might be just for a moment, but it feels good.
The matter I wrote about for my last ‘Grateful Wednesday’ post, have me feeling a bit conflicted and even angry at times. The thing is, I know God is at work, as I can feel it, but as we all know, the humanness in us, at times, try to help God out along the way and we are left with nothing but more conflict and stress.
Thank God for my children, as they are helping me preserve my sanity at  times. The other evening, while my son , (now 6) was about to start his homework,  his sister (now 2) ,threw a book and hit him smack in the middle of his chest, I thought he would began bawling, (as he often does when his sister beats up on him), instead after gaining his composure, said, “girl, you going to kill my heart and cause your only brother to die.” I could not help it, I had a hearty laugh.
Last night I was putting his sister to sleep and she had actually began dozing off, when  he hopped onto the bed and decided it was time to play with her. Of course, she got up instantly, all bright eyed and bushy tail as she is not one to miss out on a good play with her brother. Realizing that I was about to lose this battle, I said to him, “don’t you see I was putting your sister to sleep and now you have awaken her and riled her up.” He said to me, matter-a-factly,  “I  just want to play with her as she is so cute.” I had another chuckle and just resigned myself to choosing my battles and this was definitely not one for my choosing.
It is indeed amazing how children can bring us back to the reality of what should be important in our lives. With their childlike trust they remind us that it is never wise to get so worked up and stressed out about things and we should employ this same childlike trust in our Heavenly Father to see us through difficult times. It’s just easier said than done though, because we often do feel that we have given God our cares, only to find that we have taken them up again, as we still continue to worry and be stressed/
In the meantime though, I am grateful for laughter as it is the thin thread that keeps us from going over the edge from time to time.
BE ENCOURAGED ALL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment