Friday, February 14, 2014

INFERTILITY FACTS, NEWS AND VIEWS - Endometriosis: there could be better treatment and management.....


Endometriosis, a condition affecting over 176 million women and girls, occurs when endometrial tissue, which lines the inside of the uterus, is found outside. In the majority of cases, this tissue is usually trapped in the pelvic area or lower abdomen, but it can also be found in other areas of the body.
Endometriosis is a common cause of infertility problems.
Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology say they have uncovered cellular activity that may provide a better understanding of the mechanisms behind the condition. This is according to a study recently published in the journal Science Translational Medicine.
While the cause of endometriosis is largely unknown, the researchers say that they know there is a genetic component, an environmental component and an inflammatory component, but it is difficult to tract the exact series of events leading to individual patient’s symptoms.
The Researchers  say  their findings could lead to the creation of better drugs for this condition and  help to determine the best treatment for patients. resulting in better management. Further, these  findings could make it possible for the development of a  "patient stratification system" similar to that used for breast cancer patients. This involves treatments being individually developed and tailored to the molecular characteristics of patients' tumors.
Great news I might say, since so many women struggle with infertility caused by endometriosis.







image by: http://www.physio-pedia.com/Endometriosis

2 comments:

  1. How i got a cure for ENDOMETRIOSIS.

    I actually promised myself that i will do this because i never in life thought i would be cured of ENDOMETRIOSIS because my gynecologist told me there was no cure and because of this i could not take in and get pregnant. I had ENDOMETRIOSIS for 7 years and this was a big pain to me and my husband due to the downcast we felt for not having a child. I experienced irregular periods or no periods at all sometimes, heavy periods, painful intercourse. I seeked a cure from one doctor to the other used androgen, clomiphene, metformin and even traveled to different states to see other doctors to no avail. My husband got to know about Dr. ALeta via a testimony he read on the internet on how a woman got a cure and he contacted her with the contact she left. I got the herbal medication and used it for the speculated 3 months that was all i have a son who is just 8 months old. Do not give up just contact her on (aletedwin@gmail.com) on how to get the herbal medication. Thanks and i wish you get cured soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Shelley from Los Angeles,California, I want to testify on how i got cured from fibroid, I have suffered from fibroid since the 2011 with so mush pain,that i have to spend so mush money getting pain relief in the hospital, and I have visited several doctor ,but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end because of the pain during my menstrual period until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Williams who use herbal portion in curing people from pcos and different kind of diseases including fibroid, at first i doubted if it we be able to shrink the 9cm large fibroid in my womb, but i decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared a herbal portion and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was completely free from fibroid just for 1 months of usage,i we recommend this to all my friend family in the world today who still suffering from fibroid you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.

    ReplyDelete