Monday, February 24, 2014

MONDAY RAMBLINGS: Your marriage after Infertility



Infertility can  have  adverse  effects on a marriage and sadly some  marriages succumb to the pressures of this common condition.
I  must say that fortunately for me, infertility did not affect my marriage in any adverse way but what I recall though was resenting my husband for not showing any signs of yearning for children as I was. Near to the end of my struggles, I had a conversation with him about this and he quickly admitted to me that he was indeed yearning for children, but decided to conceal his feelings so that I was not made to feel any worst. How noble is that, and I  suddenly  felt like the luckiest wife ever. God honored his nobility and faithfulness shortly thereafter, with the birth of our son.
After the birth of our children, our marriage felt new, we had been married for 14 years at the time of the birth of our son  and it felt like we were newly weds again because the path life was about to take us on was entirely new, as we had never been parents before. We felt close to each other, as we learned and grew as parents and as we revel in the triumph of  overcoming infertility. Now everyday with our precious gifts  is like a continuous adventure, filled with new challenges and learning experiences.
I would say then, that my marriage has certainly benefited from  infertility, how about yours, is it stronger after infertility?

Be encouraged, therefore.





image by: http://married.answers.com/advice/dealing-with-pregnancy-loss-and-infertility-in-your-marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment