Wednesday, February 12, 2014

GRATEFUL WEDNESDAYS - FAITH UNDER FIRE





Today I am grateful for Faith.

“Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it, the elders received a good report.” Hebrews 11 verses 1 & 2 - KJV

At a time in my life, if someone told me about faith, I would have asked, faith who? I knew faith existed and I knew it could be used to enhance my life, but I just did not know how to use it and as a micro-manager, I guess I did not think I had any use for faith.

Later on in my life, I found I had to draw on my faith and so I made the effort to find out what it was all about and put it to the test.

I remember when my infertility issues began taking its toll on me, I felt I needed a break and so I decided that a trip to the United States, could help. I had gone to the American Embassy a couple times before and they had turned me down. This time, I would not take no for an answer and so I called a travel agency, booked my flight, then I went to the Embassy to ask for my visa. Yes, it had to be there waiting for me to have had such audacity. Let’s say, that vacation did me good.

As my infertility issues took its toll on me, I knew somehow that I would come through it victoriously. There were times, I must admit, when this hope stood on shaky ground, when I felt like I had gotten to the end of my rope, but I tied a knot and held on for dear life, I held firmly to the thinnest thread of faith. God rewarded me as you all know by now, and I have the gifts to show. My mother-in-law reminded me of my faith in this regard, when I shared with her our current plight.

I cannot count the ways that he has used our faith to bless our family financially and even as I pen this,  he continues to work in our finances in ways that is beyond words.

We have now come to a point in our life, where we are forced to put our faith to the test again. We are about to embark on a very significant move, but the thing is, our faith is being frustrated by well-meaning critics, who feel that our fabric is not up to the test. Let me say here that I do respect and appreciate their interest in our well-being, but our God who is above all and knows all, stands ready to help too, and I want to give him that chance. In all fairness, though, for all we know, God could be using these critics in his overall plan, to convince us that what they are proposing is the plan he has for us as well, but you know what, I am not at the point yet where I believe that God is, by any means, through working his plan out and so I am challenged to continue to seek him to the very end. With this said, I hope it is not my own naïve agenda speaking here, but I will allow God to be the judge of that.

God is not known to lie about his promises and as experience has taught me, once I am aligned with his will, I have every confidence that he will reveal to me his plan and equip us for its undertaking, to his honour and glory.

I am therefore extremely grateful for having allowed faith into my life.


BE BLESSED ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment