Tuesday, August 25, 2009

LONGER LIFE LINKED TO PREGNANCIES OVER THE AGE OF 40

“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand.”
Psalm 127: 3 & 4






There is good news for women who are getting pregnant naturally after age 40. Apparently the fact that you are able get pregnant naturally at this age means that you have genes that will allow you to live longer.

My husband and I have had several conversations about having more children and on many of these occasions I would tell him how frightened I feel when I think of having more children over the age of 40. He quickly said to me, well, for you it might be different seeing that your reproductive system began functioning normally later in your life than many other women, you could be looking at a reproductive system of a much younger woman. At first I thought to myself, no way, but then I began wondering, what if this is really so. I was therefore very excited when I saw the article stating that longer life is linked to women getting pregnant naturally later in life, and thought, my husband seem to have been on to something. He should be very proud of himself when I tell him about this article.

This should be very good news for women who are becoming parents in their forties and those still wanting to become parents, or have more children in their forties. I guess just thinking that I could possibly live longer simply by getting pregnant naturally at my age, gives me something to be positive about because, since I am an older mom, living longer does appeal a lot to me, as this means I will have the chance to be around longer for my children and be able to have some time with my grandchildren as well.

Please follow the link below to see an article by AOL Health which speaks to this.

http://infertility-fertility.blogspot.com/2009/08/having-baby-over-40-linked-to-longer.html

Be encouraged and until next time, keep clinging to hope.








2 comments:

  1. My sister was very nervous having her third child at 38- but all is well. He is almost six months old and they couldn't be happier.

    Mom and dad have decided that three is enough! The age differences keeps mom on her toes, 10 years, 8 years and 6 months.

    You are helping so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy for your sister. Children makes us happy.

    Thanks as usual for your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete