Monday, August 10, 2009

Cellular phones link to miscarriage

“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand.”
Psalm 127: 3 & 4







I received an email a few weeks ago about a woman who carries around her cell phone in the pocket of her jacket. It turns out she kept having recurring miscarriages, as soon as she was three months into the pregnancy, she would miscarry. This miscarriage was traced back to the fact that because she carries her cell phone in the pocket of her jacket, the radiation from the cell phone has badly affected her reproductive system.


I have heard too that if we stand in front of a microwave, this can also affect our fertility becasue of the same radiation issue. My husband likes to stand in front of the microwave and whenever I remind him of this, he quickly tells me that the microwave has a protective film on the door to safeguard against this. I tell him to move anyway, because we are still not totally out of the childbearing age, so we cannot afford to take any chances.

I must say that the cell phone issue did get my attention and so I have decided to write about it on my blog because I know many of us carry around our cell phones on our person and therefore can sadly fall victim to this. Women are created to naturally to want to have children and so let’s not add one more issue to the many that currently exists, to ruin our chances in this regard.

I seem to have deleted the email, because I have been searching for it and has had no luck in finding it, or else I would have included the article with this post. There are also other issues in this article relating to cell phones, another of which is that, you should not allow your baby to play with these devices because this radiation can also affect them as they are still developing.
Since reading it, I have banned my son from playing with our cell phones.

Be informed therefore, and in the meantime, keep clinging to hope.

4 comments:

  1. That is interesting. Luckily I never carry mine on me. It is always in my purse. I will make sure it stays there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, and you are surely doing the right thing.

    We cannot afford to take chances, infertility is already a very difficult thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to not carry my phone whenever I can, but twice a day I would put my phone in my pocket or backpack while I go to and from work. The phone is proximately in my pocket 3/5 a week for 1.5-2hrs a day. I believe this lead to my miscarriage. The baby stopped growing but the sack kept going. We only knew our baby has not developed when we went to our 3 months scan. It was the most devasting experience ever.
    We prepared our bodies with food and excercise. We ate home cooked meals, no alcohol, fizzy drinks, mcdonnals, etc... We looked at the invgrediants on everything we bright to make sure we stayed away from aspertaime and try to buy organic. My family are Chinese so we know certain foods like water melon is not good for pregnant women, so I'd stayed away from things like that.
    I'm worried now because all our neighbours have wifi and unless I move to certain countries where wifi is banned from public places I am worried it will happen again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am so sorry to hear about your ordeal. We have to do everything we can to safeguard ourselves and the on ewe love so, my best to you in your efforts to have a successful and safe pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete