Monday, February 9, 2015

MONDAY RAMBLINGS - Babies, babies Everywhere....






This weekend I saw a lot of babies, what is more pleasing to the eyes than cute babies. I heard my husband yelling for me to come and look at something on television. Guess what it was, a cute little girl with natural curl pigtails. Even he was smitten by the cute baby bug.

In Church, it was as if there was a babies convention and I found myself drifting off into babyland, fantasizing about holding a little cutie of my own. I was quickly jolted back into reality though, because my age, physical state and most of all, my finances would never allow having another baby.

I remember saying to a friend of mine recently, that if I found myself pregnant again, I would just walk right into a phsychiatric ward and commit myself. I would not wait for anyone to take me there. I said this only for the above reasons, because if I could, I would want the most, two more to make another even number (4). Why not, especially after such an intense struggle with infertility.

I can see why some women have a lot of children, because we tend to forget the pain and sleepless nights when we see cute cuddly babies.

In my parents days, they had a lot of children, I am the fifth of seven and I personally know of one that my parents lost to stillbirth. Apart from the fact that contraception was not very popular in those days, I am thinking that they were also subject to what I want to call, the 'baby envy syndrome.''

How about you, have you ever been a victim of the 'baby envy' syndrome.

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE.







Post image by: http://www.pennapowers.com/babies-everywhere/

No comments:

Post a Comment