Monday, February 2, 2015

MONDAY RAMBLINGS - Out of the mouth of babes.......




One thing I have learnt from parenting, and keep learning over and over again, is that we are never completely prepared for what our children dish out to us each day.

With my decade long struggle with infertility, I thought I was so prepared, having had all that time to observe and learn from other parents. Turns out that was not nearly enough preparation.

I have been told on a few occasions that when you have children later in life, they come with very big personalities and man, can that statement be more true. My father has said to me on a few occasions that my kids are incarnated, they have been around through their ancestors and I must say, I totally agree to that.

My children are high energy kids and give them a little sugar you have to call for back up. The other day they were up to their usual selves, I called out to them, asking them to tone it down because we have neighbors below us. My son calmed down just long enough to say, "mom, we are kids and we are going to do what kids do."

I could not respond, I just stood their feeling totally defeated, thinking, 'yes, papa you are so right.' I have just been schooled by a child I thought and so I had no choice but to concede defeat, vowing to remember to choose my battles next time.

HAPPY MONDAY, ALL.








http://www.craigharris.com/PR/cjh_OOTMOB.html
post image by: 

No comments:

Post a Comment