Friday, May 11, 2012

LIGHT MOMENT FRIDAYS – FEATURE 35 - “DO UNTO OTHERS..........”



When I started my light moment Fridays, at first I wondered if I would be able to find material that would make it worth it. Turns out our 4 year old son has all the material we need, as he is just so funny and comes up with the most witty and unexpected things.
The other day I heard his dad scolding him for wetting up the bathroom. I could not believe what he said next – “Do unto others.........thyself.” You know the Golden rule, “Do unto others as you would like them do unto you? Well he apparently could not remember all of it but it was still impacting. I could not believe he was actually saying this and thought I probably heard wrong.  He repeated it and for sure that was what he said and it was used in the proper context. I could not help but laugh. His Dad said to me later, "see how your son is chastising me.
I guess he is just reminding his Dad that if he himself does not want to be scolded, he should not scold others. Another teachable moment, I dare say, from the school of ethical and practical living, administered by our son.
How do children too often become the subject of abuse. You ‘gotta’ love them

No comments:

Post a Comment