Thursday, January 7, 2010

WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE ALLOWED TO HAVE CHILDREN??????

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4
"HOPE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE"

Before I begin my post on the above subject matter, Please allow me as I give an update on my son’s transition into Nursery School.

On Tuesday, his second day, he did the crying as he did not get to on Monday, because they took him from us before he could. The report for Tuesday and Wednesday is that he is doing much better and only cries when we go to pick him up. I guess that is his way of showing how happy he is to see us.

Yesterday when his Dad was taking him home, he refused to interact with him though and this morning when he woke up, he refused to have his breakfast and instead was clinging on to his father. Poor kid, we tried to console him and ourselves by telling him that we went through this and every boy and girl have, and will go through this as well.

Now, on to the real reason for my post.

You must have heard the news of this eight month old baby boy who is missing and his mother arrested. She told the baby’s father that she killed the child, but it was found out that she possibly could have given away the child to strangers, because she had done it before.

I am so upset because how dear you play around with an innocent child’s life like that. How dear you use a child as a ransom for whatever mess you have made of your life. Children are such blessings and so many of us are struggling to have them.

There was another story of a father who was fighting with his baby’s mother while she was holding their infant child and one of the blows, caught the baby in the head, now the child has brain damage.

Stories like these are in the news everyday and they disturb me a lot because when I think of what we went through to have our son and read my fellow bloggers infertility stories and see what they are going through to have kids, it really does hurt.

I know situations can drive people to do things and life is so filled with stress these days, but I think there should be some level of consciousness and maturity when you have children. First of all, children should be the product of a mature and conscious decision but sadly this is not the case and this is why I believe there are escalating situations such as these, and this is just so unfortunate.

I must remind us though, that even if these children came out of a less than mature and conscious decision, their safety and well being still remain our responsibility until they are old enough to take care of themselves.

I drive myself crazy just trying to preserve the safety of my child and I just cannot imagine any parent of especially young children, not doing this as well.

I implore those of us who are guilty, to be more conscious of this therefore.

Catch you for my next post and until next time keep clinging to hope.

2 comments:

  1. Poor boy. I was the same way when I started school. :(

    These stories always make me cry. I feel so horrible for these children who did not ask to be brought into this world. I get angry because I do not understand why I am unable to have children yet all these dirt bags have child after child. It is something I do not think I will ever understand. All I can do is pray and hope and have faith (some days are harder then others).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, poor boy is right, I feel so sorry for him but he will get over it soon.

    These stories are so hard for me to hear and always wonder about the state of mind of these people as something as to be really wrong.

    We just have to trust God and hope one day they all will wake up.

    I know it is tough for you and you remain in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete