Thursday, January 14, 2010

REALITY CHECK!!!!!!!!HOW DO YOU LIVE YOUR DAILY LIFE????

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4


"HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"






It is now clear the degree of devastation in Haiti caused by the recent earthquake there and the destruction is mind boggling. I cannot help the tears in my eyes as the news teams report from this unfortunate nation and my heart goes out to them. They are unfortunate indeed as they are no strangers to catastrophes, including hurricanes, floods, malnutrition and violence and I cannot help but wonder why, why them.

As I watch this catastrophe unfolds though, it is bringing home to me, more and more, the fact of how blessed I am. I am able to wake up this morning and so I have a new day, to continue to make the best of my life as I can. I have a new day with my family and friends when countless others in Haiti and elsewhere, simply does not have this opportunity. I read, that if this earthquake had continued on its fault line, there could have been a Tsunami in nearby regions, which includes my home country, and so I could have been among the dead or those grieving today for loved ones.

As I mentioned in my new year’s post, I do not like to make resolutions, because I seldom achieve them, instead I have decided to focus this new year, on the simpler things in life, which should be easier to accomplish, and I was speaking in particular to, focusing on things that will enhance mine and family’s life. Today as I write this post, I further commit to this, which leads me to the question, how do you live your daily life? It is sad how many of us live our daily lives, we run after the almighty dollar. We lose ourselves in taking care of our family, in sticking to a diet and exercising more. We pursue degree after degree, all in pursuit of hopefully a more fulfilled and happier life. Sadly most of us achieve these things, but to the detriment of what truly makes life meaningful, the simple things, which includes spending more time with loved ones, telling our loved ones how much we love and appreciate them and being there for each other as we should.

On a happier note, it warms my heart to see the amount of humanitarian aid being sent and promised to Haiti at this time and this tells me one thing, we are still a world that cares and stand ready to help and support each other when the need arises. Thank God all is not lost.

In closing, I want to challenge us all, to live each day like it’s the last day of our lives, stay in the present and make the best of it. Do not go thinking that if you accomplish this next thing, you will be happier and more fulfilled because “no one is promised tomorrow.”

Let us continue to pray for our brothers and sisters in Haiti, their recovery will be a long difficult process, so please do whatever you can, even if it is just a prayer, to lighten their burden.


God Bless until next time.

3 comments:

  1. I could not agree more.


    I am so saddened by the devastation in Haiti. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Marie. We have to be ever thankful for our families and friends and give God thanks everyday for the simple things. Just for waking up each day to experience a new day on this great earth should elicit a joyous prayer. Thanks. Wendy Cupid Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so we wont forget. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete