Monday, January 18, 2010

JUST RELAX, IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!!

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4


"HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"







People who are struggling to have children get this, many times unwelcome comment, ‘just relax, it will happen.’ We got it many times over, to the point where I started getting upset because I knew that our issue with infertility was not one that mere relaxing would fix and very often wanted to tell the people who had offered this comment, to try doing it themselves, when you are so overwhelmed and consumed by the anxiety and everything else that infertility brings.

The thing is, I know there is truth in this comment, and we had gone on many a vacation and hoped it would happen, because we were more relaxed. I would imagine though, that this would apply only to people who do not have a known reason for why they are not yet able to conceive, so if you fall in this category, it wouldn’t hurt to take note.

From a blog I read, (and I will post the link below), it is recommended that people, (and I would imagine that it is before they attempt to get a diagnosis for why they are not able to conceive), take a procreation vacation, as it is found that some couples do get pregnant on vacation.

Please see link as promised:- http://infertility-fertility.blogspot.com/2007/01/want-to-get-pregnant-try-procreation.html

Be encouraged therefore, and until next time, keep clinging to hope.

4 comments:

  1. We did the procreation vacation thing.... except I ovulated while we were travelling on our 19 hour journey! I got more stressed out as a result! So given up on that idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason my comment got posted under AiM.. it's me Clare, before you start wondering who the hell AiM is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Clare, thanks for the clarification, dont worry about it, I would have just thought someone knew passed by my blog.

    Wow thats a long journey, you should'nt give up though, you could try it again as you never can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do hear people say relax it will happen whenever you've been trying for any length of time. And while, for some it will work others it won't. No doubt it is very tiresome to hear that over and over.

    ReplyDelete