Monday, January 4, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4










A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!!

I trust your holiday season was a peaceful and reflective one and I now wish for you every good thing for this new year.

I am not sure how much I will be able to stay focused while writing this post because today our son started Nursery School and my mind is all over the place. We are having such mixed feelings and I know this is normal because anything new comes with such feelings.

We were so anxious we were up from the wee hours of the morning and could not go back to sleep. When we took him in, he was taken from us so quickly (I guess to make the process easier for us) he did not have time to cry, nor did we get to say goodbye. I am sad about this, but I am happy I did not have to deal with seeing him cry as it would have made the process much more difficult.

That is what a new year brings though, new things and for us, especially for me who have been home with him since birth, this is quite a new experience and one that is necessary too because he needs to now become his own person and this is where it starts. We have been anxious about this for so long and I am happy the time has come to finally do it. We crave your encouragement.
A new year usually finds us making resolutions, something I personally do not like to do because when the year ends, I am usually left feeling disillusioned because I did not accomplished what I had set out to. This year as soon as Christmas was over, I began looking to the new year and going over in my mind things that I needed to focus on. Simpler things that are easier to accomplish, and these include especially, things that will enhance my family’s life, because after thinking that I might not have had one, because of infertility, this matters a lot to me.

I know those of you who are struggling with infertility will be hoping that this will be the year that you finally overcome this dreaded condition and hold your precious baby in yours arms. For many years I had that hope too only to have it dashed as that year quickly ended and a new one came around.

I wish I could tell you that your triumph over infertility is just around the next bend, but sadly, I cannot. What I can say to you instead, is to take heart, do not quit the race because it is certainly not for the swift, but for those who endure to the end.

Be encouraged therefore and until next time, keep clinging to hope.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Endurance is certainly key!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, endurance certainly is the key. Happy New year to you and yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your closing comments remind me of a saying a friend shares frequently:
    "Don't quit before the miracle happens".

    Sometimes we don't know when we our going to get what it is we want - so we stay the course.

    Happy and Blessed New Year to you, Neal and your prescious son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats for sure Pam, becasue if you quit, you certainly wont know what winning feels like.

    A blessed New year to you and yours too.

    ReplyDelete