Thursday, January 28, 2010

SUBJECT: HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH???????

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4


"HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"










I was going to post on something totally different today, but as soon as I was about to begin, I overheard on the television nearby, that the Duggars, of ‘eighteen kids and counting,’ which hears on The Learning Chanel (TLC), welcomed their nineteenth seven weeks ago.

The problem though is, the child was born prematurely, weighing only one pound plus and is still in the intensive care unit at the hospital she was born. Michelle, the mother, developed preeclampsia, (a common complication in pregnancies, when a pregnant woman is plagued with high blood pressure after week 20 of her pregnancy) and so they had to do an emergency C-Section, within 30 minutes, to take the baby.

As I watched this poor little thing lying there in tubes, who did not ask to be here, I wondered to myself, how much is enough? Nineteen kids from one woman, isn’t this too much, for medical reasons and otherwise? I read that they are leaving it to God to determine how many kids they have and strongly believe that children are a gift from God. I must say that, myself and many others believe that too, but we do not go around having nineteen children. I honestly believe that this is God’s way of telling them to stop now, enough!!!!

This is not a good story for couples who are struggling with infertility and hoping to have even just one. They are doing everything in their power to make this dream become a reality, the fertility drugs, the invitro-fertilization, the herbal treatments, you name it, and this lady just have them without much effort it seems. She must have been at the front of the line when God was handing out fertility, no, seriously, and I was somewhere towards the end.

I know if I did not have my son, I would be even more annoyed with this couple, but I am annoyed nevertheless, because I see a precious life hanging in the balance, because of no fault of her own. I am led to believe that she will pull through, God will allow her to live, because she deserves to, but he wants us to be wise and pro-active as well, and if we are not reflecting this in how we conduct our daily lives, he will step in and save us from ourselves.

I wish this little angel all the very best and I pray that she will continue to grow from strength to strength, so that soon, she will be home with her family where she belongs.

Share your thoughts on this story. Are you with me on this?????

Catch you next time, and until then, remember, "HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"

7 comments:

  1. I have heard so many comments about this family, some negative, others not. I think you summed it up best. They should take this as a sign and be content with the 19 children they have. They should realize that grandchildren are also blessings and they should be happy for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carla, for your comment and thanks for joining my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too agree with you ont this matter. This is my first time reading about this story. Nineteen children is more than enough. I know women are strong people but I dont believe our bodies were made to go through that much. It has got be unhealthy for her. The body does not get a chance to rest properly and recover before you are stretching it again. And for us women that have had children you know the type of stretching our bodies go through. How she even effectively give all these children the attention they need to grow in life. I hope this last one does pull through and that she will realize the message god is sending her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could not agree more. I think I was last in line or at least second to last. It is frustratin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Venetta, you are so right, I thought about all this too. Thanks for your comment.

    Thanks too Michelle for your comment, I know the frustration all too well girl, but hang tough, something good must come out this frustration and remember, "this too shall pass."

    ReplyDelete
  6. It honestly doesn't bother me how many children they have. It is their family, their life, their business. To me, at least they are taking care of their children and loving them. This is more than what some parents do! We should be more outraged at parents who abuse and neglect their children. I actually like how they leave up the number of children they have to God and I would love to do this myself. My husband would be a different story! lol And really, we as humans do NOT know what God is thinking or what He wants. We cannot say that it is God's will for her to not have any more children. That's just what we would like to believe. Prematurity can happen to anybody. I have friends who have had a premature child and that child died. Should they take that as a sign to stop?

    I definitely understand that their story is hard to swallow with couples who deal with infertility and loss. Why do they get so many when some get none or lose their own? You could ask that question on many different levels about many different things. In life, we're going to experience trials. They won't always seem right or fair to us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment, and I do understand your arguments as well as everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think nineteen kids is still really pushing the envelope. I cannot speak for God as I certainly dont have the capacity, but when things like these happen, you tend to wonder if God's hand is in it somewhere.

    I see they are taking care of their children, and I admire them very much for this.

    ReplyDelete