Thursday, January 21, 2010

SUBJECT: JUST WONDERING…..ARE WE BAD PARENTS????

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4

"HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"


Before I begin my post, I ask for continued prayers for Haiti, as early this morning they suffered another rather earthquake, which was later reported as an aftershock. These people are really having a very difficult time right now and they crave our prayers and any other assistance that we can give.

Now on to my post……….On the eve of our son starting nursery school, a friend, after asking us which school our son was enrolled in, began giving us a series of horror stories about this school, from food poisoning to gastroenteritis. She totally terrified us and had me having second thoughts about sending our son to this school.

I thought about it for a while, and then I said to her, out of a little annoyance, and also because she was acting totally paranoid, “girl you cannot live like this, you have to trust the system and most of all trust God and pray that nothing ever happens to your child.” My husband then chimed in telling her that we have entrusted him into the hands of God for his care and keeping. After all this was said, a peace came over me and it was then I felt comfortable enough that our son would be alright.

About a week after that, someone else confirmed the information we had received earlier about this school and I was feeling terrified all over again. The thing is though, all this information came about a while back and since then they have moved location, I am led to believe that with this move, they have right these wrongs and is running the place in a more healthy way after these incidents, because this would not be good rep for them, if these things continue to happen.

After much checking around, this school is the only one that has space at this time and the bonus is, it is just a few blocks from my husband’s place of work, and this makes it so easy for him to just walk him over in the mornings and pick him up in the evenings and furthermore, the person who recommended us has children there from infant stage and has no recollection of any such incidents.

It has been three weeks now since our son began attending this school, and except for a cold, because it is cold season, he is quite happy and doing alright. He is coming home singing new songs, eating more, because after all the snacks that I pack him, as soon as he sees his Dad, he is requesting food. He is also expressing himself more clearly.

My mind still goes off now and then, and some guilt do set in, as I am made to wonder if we are indeed good parents, if we have done the right thing by sending him to this school, after we had heard the reviews, but I am comforted in knowing that we have entrusted his well-being in the hands of God and I know God will honor us because this is what he wants us to do, put our total trust in him.

My husband and I have decided that if he becomes ill as a result, we will just assess the situation at that time and take the necessary actions. We are not expecting anything to happen to him though, as we remain confident that God will keep him safe and afterall, everyone knows he is one of the most precious things that has ever happened to us and therefore his safety remains our main priority.

So, tell us, are we unfit parents?????????

Catch you next time.

2 comments:

  1. Of course you are not unfit parents! You want to protect your child and trust that the world will help you to do just that.
    Your love and faith will keep your blessed child safe, happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Pam. Your comments are truly comforting.

    ReplyDelete