Thursday, September 10, 2009

How much do you know about Ectopic Pregnancies???

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warriors hand
Psalm 127: verses 3&4








"An ectopic pregnancy occurs when the fertilized egg is implanted outside of the uterus. In ninety-five percent of cases, the fertilized egg is implanted in the fallopian tubes......."

This can be a very serious situation because it can be detrimental to the life of a woman. Someone I know suffered one recently and her situation was quite serious because she was diagnosed with a bladder infection at first, but thankfully, it was later found out that she was having an ectopic pregnancy. An emergency surgery was performed and she is doing well now.

With my first missed abortion, one of the doctors I later saw, saw was wondering why they did not check if it was an ectopic pregnancy I had had. With the symptoms that ectopic pregnancy carries, both my doctor and I would have known if I had had an ectopic pregnancy, because it comes with a lot of pain and some bleeding.

I am just thinking that so much can go wrong with a pregnancy and when one has been completed sucessfully, I can fully understand why there is usually so much joy when a healthy child is presented to his/her parents. I never felt that I had conquered infertility until I awoke from surgery for a c-section and saw my son. I reached out and touch him, just to make sure he was real. He sure was, I was overjoyed because I know if he was not healthy and well, he would not have been in the room with me.

Pregnancy is a beautiful thing and is such a miracle. I remember when I was pregnant in 2006, I saw this guy at the place I was working at the time staring at me and he made it quite obvious. Soon after, he came over to me and said, I am just admiring you being pregnant and is thinking, what a blessed miracle this is. He sure knows what he is talking about and would probably think it more so if he knew that I was finally pregnant after years of struggling with infertility.

Please follow the link below to continue reading about ectopic pregnancy so that, God forbid this should happen to you, you will have information on it.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_newborn/pregnancy/ectopic.html

ALL THE BEST and until next time, keep clinging to hope.

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, all to familiar here. However, my first one was in my cervix. My second we are not sure where it was. I had no pain...nothing. Just an ultrasound and God watching over me that I for some reason knew something was not right and went to the dr. Ectopics are scary and very serious..Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, you are so welcome. I beleive every bit of information can help someone. I am so glad you were proactive and visit your doctorwhen you had that second ectopic pregnancy. I am glad you came through that experience ok. God takes care of his own you see, so continue to trust him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the ectopic pregnancies take place in the fallopian tubes, this condition is called as tubular pregnancy. If it is not diagonised on time, the woman can face severe bleeding. One should go for regular checking and should consult doctor. Smoking increases the likelihood of ectopic pregnancy, so one should strictly avoid smoking.

    ReplyDelete