Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Many nights I saw you……….

“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand.”
Psalm 127: 3 & 4




“Many nights I saw you, I held you, you looked at me,
My heart melted, you were so real.
I woke from my sleep, you were just a dream…….”



The above is an excerpt from a poem I wrote to my daughter when I was pregnant with her. The rest of the poem went on to say how I waited long and anxiously to see her and she finally came, but sadly she was taken back from me because God wanted her more as she was just too beautiful. He wanted her to shine from heaven as one of his brightest stars. The poem is entitled “Heaven’s Star.” For our son, I wrote a song entitled, “It was worth it my love.”

When I was struggling with infertility, I had many, many, dreams of my baby. Some of them were so real that I could not wait to wake up and see my baby and when I awoke, I would actually be looking around for them. When I realized that it was just a dream, I actually became annoyed that I had awoken. I often tried to remember what these babies actually looked like but I could not remember anything of how they looked. All I could remember was that all the dreams had one thing in common, I felt so happy, so triumphant and so relieved.

Were these dreams telling something? Telling me to take heart and one day we would overcome infertility. That one day, I would hold my baby and my heart would melt, thinking that I am one of the most fortunate and blessed persons in the world.

I know this is not unique to just me, nor am I the only fortunate one to have had these dreams, many or all of you who are struggling with infertility is having them. I believe they have a place in this whole process as I do believe they make things a little easier to deal with, at least they did for me because when I had those dreams, I woke up, (even though disappointed that they are not real), feeling a little lighter and they did give me something to hold on to, even if it was just for a day. They also gave me new energy to fight on thinking that one day I would wake up and realize that it is not just a dream anymore but a reality.

So many more dreams to you. Chances are one day you too won’t have to dream anymore, you’ll wake up to realize that your dreams have now turned into a reality.


All the best to you and keep clinging to hope.

4 comments:

  1. so proud of you darling...i remember the dreams of you yearning to hold your own child, and now it's a reality...love you so much, and honoured to be your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I wanted to thankyou for stopping by my blog and to send you back a virtual hug. Your poem sounds beautiful. I too have those dreams, sometimes they feel more real than others, let's hope one day we'll also be able to hold a baby for real. Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Triumph, wow i love those lines from your poem. Would you put up the whole poem? I would love to read it all. I too have had dreams of my someday baby. When I realize it's just a a dream I try to fall back to sleep, so I can be with him/her again. I wake up feeling so happy but also so sad that it was just a dream. But I do love those dreams, I wish I had them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks honey, your vote of confidence means a lot. Thanks Fran for your kind comment looking forward for more interaction with you.

    Clare, I'll put the poem up, just for you.

    ReplyDelete