Thursday, July 23, 2009

HEAVEN'S STAR

“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand.”
Psalm 127:
3 & 4


Clare, here is the poem in it's entirety as promised.

To all others, this is a poem I wrote for our daughter when I was pregnant with her in 2006 -2007, but sadly we lost her.
This poem was meant to be a triumphant one, because we really thought we had conquered infertility at that time, but sadly we had to change it to reflect our loss.

Enjoy

Many nights I saw you, I held you, you looked at me,
My heart melted, you were so real.
I woke from my sleep, you were just a dream.

My heart weighed heavy within me for so long,
My arms ached to cuddle you,
To rock you to sleep, my love.

I cry myself to sleep many nights asking God, why me,
And out of the chaos, he seemed to answer,
Why not you?
Your strength is why you have been chosen, my dear
You will endure, just leave it up to me.

The years passed, I got anxious, angry, depressed,
confused, I couldn’t pray.
This waiting overwhelms me, Lord, I cried,
I am only human with patience no longer on my side.
Just a little longer, He seemed to say,
A thousand years to me is like yesterday.
There is much to be accomplished in you, you see,
And in the end, to me the glory must be.

And then, as He promised, it happened,
My heart leapt for joy within me,
As my burden of shame was lifted,
I could not contain my joy,
But my struggles were certaily not over,
As my testimony still must be greater.

Your chance of life on earth was slim,
And with a crushed, broken spirit,
I cried out from deep within.
I felt angry, betrayed, victimised,
And had thoughts of ending my life.

But God remained faithful and brought me through
And so I must conclude,
He took you back from me, my child
Because you were too beautiful you see,
He wanted you for himself
Up in heaven in a place,
reserved for His brightest stars.



SaraMarie, We love and miss you so much, but God needs you more in heaven than
we need you here on earth. Hope we will meet again someday my child. Thanks for coming into our lives, now we know why you couldn’t stay, you only came to prepare the way for your brother to come. And we truly thank you for that.

With All Our Love – Mom & Dad

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. I will keep many of those words close to my heart, to help me endure those times of despair. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so BEAUTIFUL! The words rang so true. Thank you for writing and sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Clare, glad you like it. Hope you wont have those times but in case you do, I am glad I am supporting you from now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment.

    Glad you found my poem beautiful.

    Looking forward to continued interaction

    ReplyDelete