Monday, April 20, 2009

Why the Epidemic????????

“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand.”
Psalm 127: 3 & 4









Just the other day I was talking to a friend about my blog and she was saying that so many of her female friends are diagnosed with reproductive problems, mostly Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). She further went on to say that she and her mother were having a conversation on the same subject and her mother was saying that in her days you did not hear about so many of these conditions in women. Some women are even diagnosed with more than one of the conditions, which makes conceiving even more difficult.

To make matters worse, these conditions are not just restricted to women of childbearing age who are considering having a family, young girls are also affected. My PCOS started affecting me at age 19 but I was diagnosed way in my twenties and just last week a friend of mine was telling me that she knows of two girls about age 16, who were diagnosed with ovarian cysts.

These days it is like every other woman that I come across has one of the various reproductive disorders, or knows someone who do.

My question then is, why the epidemic? Is it environmental factors (global warming), our water, our food, or is it the stresses of life. Many medical conditions, including infertility, I learn, are caused by stress and so there is also a rise in various cases of cancer, heart disease etc. There are also diseases now that I have not even heard of before.

Many of the reproductive diseases, I found out in my research, the causes are not known exactly. PCOS is said to be hereditary even though there are various other factors that could contribute to it. Bottom line is, you cannot do anything to prevent them and so, if you are to be a victim, when you are diagnosed, you have to act quickly to treat these conditions so that your dream of having a family can be realized.

After you have had your family, it is still necessary to continue with proper management of these diseases so that further serious conditions do not develop.

ALL THE BEST

Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. I'm one of those girls who started young, having abdominal pain from age 8, irregular cycles from the very start, diagnosed with Endometriosis finally at 16 (though I had symptoms many years prior) and diagnosed with PCOS in my early 20s. Yes, I think things like diet and eniornmental factors contribute to the numbers now, but also medicine itself because we know more than we did a generation ago and can investigate so much and find so much. Our moms and grandmas, if they had trouble conceiving, their wasn't much to be done. Now we can test so much and have so many treatment options available. :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Another site you might enjoy is http://ParentingAfterInfertility.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni thanks for your comment and you are so right, advancement in medicine causes us to know so much more now.

    Thanks for your site recommendation, I will sure check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don’t think of anything else just contact priest eka and purchase some of his herbal medication and your depression will go away. This was my state of mind when my doctor told me that i will not be able to concieve due to the Fibroid that was rolling in my family life and when i decide to reach out to the priest, and the priest told me what to do in other to get the medication. Eventually I receive all the Herbal medications that cure my Fibroid and give me the chance to become a proud mother: Eka is a great spiritualist, He did it for me, you can contact Eka on (dreka14demons@gmail.com). If you are suffering from the following gynecology disease::
    1. Fibroid, Asthma, All STD, sinus infection
    2.High Blood Pressure (herbs to reduce your BP within 7days)
    3. Infection, regular body pains (yeast infection),urine tract infection.
    4. Blockage from the fallopian Tube
    5. Cyst from the ovaries
    6. Unpleasant smell from the virginal, virginal itching
    7. Irregular menstruation
    8. Weakness of the penis (not able to have sex with your partner or inability to satisfy your partner sexually)
    9. Watering sperm (low sperm count) not able to get woman pregnant.
    10. Infertility for easy Conception.......
    11. Skin diseases, Toilet infection and bad body odor…….Etc..
    Simply contact the spiritualist DrEka on (dreka14demons@gmail.com) to get his Herbal Medication to cure your disease and put yourself on a motherhood side of life..

    ReplyDelete