Monday, December 5, 2011

FROM FIGHTING INFERTILITY TO FIGHTING BREAST CANCER






In October 2010, I did a story about a celebrity couple, Giuliana and Bill Rancic, who has their own reality show on the Style Network, chronicling their struggles with infertility and their attempts at invitro-fertilization, to hopefully have the family they so want.


Turns out, on their second attempt at invitro-fertilization, (the first sadly ended in a miscarriage), Giuliana was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer and has now announced that she will be doing a double mastectomy, as this is the only option which gives the cancer a less than 1% chance of returning.

Tears came to my eyes as I watch her make the announcement along with her very supportive husband Bill. When asked how this would impact on their plans to have children, Giuliana said, she has to choose life at this point and further said that her husband, when they were in discussing their options about the cancer, said to her, “I just want you around for another 50 years kid, so let’s just get you healthy.”

This is a tough one, and I am now realising how good I had it, even though I thought that my days struggling with infertility were some of the darkest, but if cancer was thrown into the mix, I am pretty sure those days would be even darker.

This couple is in my prayers, as I ask for God’s favour on their lives.







2 comments:

  1. Thank you for another informative blog. Where else could one get that kind of information written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete