Thursday, December 22, 2011

FROM ME TO YOU, THIS CHRISTMAS




The other day, I had the privilege of listening to a conversation, it was about Mary the mother of Jesus. Mary, a virgin, engaged to Joseph, was visited by an Angel, telling her that she would become pregnant and her fiancĂ©e Joseph would not be the father of the child she would soon carry. Mary was understandably frightened, “how could this be?” she exclaimed. After she learnt that she was chosen by God to carry his only son, the Saviour of the world, that fright turned into song. Luke 1 verse 48 – 55 carries this song, which in part reads, “My heart praises the Lord; ......for he has remembered me, his lowly servant! From now on all people will call me happy.” Mary embraced this divine favour that she was hand-picked by God for.

During my struggles with infertility, I never thought I would ever become a mother, and now here I am with two beautiful children. As this Christmas season approached, I found myself reflecting on God’s favour in my life. My situation can in no way be compared to those blessed events in Bethlehem so many years ago, as that would be presumptuous, Nevertheless, I too feel hand-picked by God, for certain struggles in my life, of which infertility is the main one, which led me to being a recipient of God’s divine favour, and this becomes even more real to me every day, when I look into the faces of my two precious gifts, my beautiful children.

May this Christmas for you, be filled with joy and my wish for you, for the New Year, is that you allow God to take the first place in your heart and allow him to order your steps, and even more, if you are one with challenges in your life, so that out of your challenges you will emerge victoriously on the other side, feeling highly favoured by God, because let’s face it, to have a testimony, you must take the test.

ALL THE BEST to you and yours.



Post image by: http://www.brutallyhonest.org/brutally_honest/images/salemchristmascard.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment