Friday, October 8, 2010

WE HAVE INDEED COME A LONG WAY

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 and 4

“HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"

I remember when I was struggling with infertility, I yearned so much to see any mention in the media about it.  I wanted so much to connect with people who were struggling as I was, because I know they were out there and a lot of them too.

We have come a long way.  Guilliana and Bill Rancic of ‘Gulliana and Bill’ which airs on the style network, have invited us to come along on this journey with them in their pursuit to have a child of their own and I must say, I am so happy this is happening

I remember when I was first pregnant, I won a story competition, hosted by one of our local television stations. We were asked to submit our love story and say why our story should be the winning one. I did not hesitate to include our struggles with infertility and how we had weathered that storm and was about to welcome our long awaited child. Well, my story won and it was quite daunting knowing that we had to appear on public television for all the world to see and hear that we had indeed struggled with infertility and that was very frightening for me, to say the least, so I cannot imagine having a camera following me, every step of the way, as I embark on this very emotional journey.

I know Gullliana and Bill must have often asked themselves, as others have, why they are dong this, and it must be frightening as well, to think that they are putting themselves out there like this, because it is such a personal and private journey, but on the other hand, I know they have applauded themselves for taking this risk and is comforted in knowing that their story will help, if it is only just one couple who is also struggling in this regard.

They did Invitro-fertilization and was successful, but sadly loss the pregnancy at 8 weeks, due to a chromosomal abnormality. They were hurt deeply, as you can well imagine, by this, but they still maintain great  courage and positiveness, that they will one day, be able to embrace the fruit of their labor.

My thoughts and and prayers go out to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment