Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WHY SOME WOMEN WITH PCOS SEEM TO GET PREGNANT EASIER THAN OTHERS



Having being diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) from in the 1990’s, I have since come across other women with this diagnosis, who seem to get pregnant so much easier than I did, and I cannot help but wonder why.

Of all the symptoms you can have, I have just one (very irregular periods) and so I always thought, having just one symptom means that I probably have a mild case of the condition and would therefore not have great difficulty becoming pregnant. Was I wrong.

I did some research recently to see if some light could be shed on why some women with PCOS seem to get pregnant easier than others and what I found out was that this depends greatly on proper management of the condition, e.g treatment, exercise and diet.

If you have been diagnosed with PCOS and is having problems conceiving, you could find information contained on the following site helpful.


From the site:-

“Women with PCOS are known to have higher levels of certain auto-immune diseases too such as thyroid auto-immune disease which can negatively affect fertility and increase miscarriage risks. Thoroughly checking this - and other common coexisting conditions associated with PCOS - can greatly speed conception. Auto-immune factors could one of the bigger road-blocks on your journey to conception that need to be removed, even though your diagnosis is PCOS. 

All these variants are the same disease - PCOS - in it’s may forms, and all these PCOS sub-types warrant being treated slightly differently to help women to get pregnant more speedily.

In my fertility coaching practice I find that clients with PCOS have a good level of success - whether trying to conceive naturally or with ovarian stimulation - especially if they have taken the time to change their food choices and use natural supplements and herbs to create a better micro-environment for their eggs to grow in which can take some months to effect.”

3 comments:

  1. I can attest to the fact that diet and exercise does help with that. I struggled for so long and then once I got that under control I got pregnant like that :) However it did not carry through :( With that I put the weight back on and the symptoms slowly came back. But now I am on a mission to gain back control and lose the weight so I can get pregnant. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment and all the best in your TTC efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries and thanks. I know it will be a journey but worth it. I give all the praise to God in my success cause without him I probably would have dug a hole and never came back out

    ReplyDelete