Friday, January 28, 2011

LIGHT MOMENT FRIDAYS – Feature 1




All of us who struggle with infertility can attest to the fact that it can rob us of our happiness. It can rob us of our ability to truly laugh and this is why I have come up with this new feature on my blog, called ‘Light Moment Fridays.’ I love Fridays, I guess it is because this is the beginning of a well awaited weekend and the mood is usually casual, and laid back and this is why I have chosen Fridays for this, where I will post short jokes and funny videos. Our son is at the stage now where he says or does things which is so hilarious, so I will share some of those precious moments with you as well.

This is for you all, especially those of us  who struggle to be happy, amidst our hurts and pain.......DO ENJOY!!!!


Feature 1

The other day, our son came home and after changing his clothes, asked for his story book.  Without waiting for us to get it for him, he helped himself to a book from the book case. He then sat and on the sofa, opened the book and began in a 'teacher-like tone':

“Everyone, everyone, please listen to the story, Mommy, Daddy, please listen to the story..........

Once upon a time –
The power and the ‘blory’
Forever and ever –
Amen.”

Then he proceeded to quiz us on the story (This is how his teacher interacts with them at story time at Pre-school), ‘what’s the name of the story’ His father gave him a made up title, to which he responded, ‘nice boy.’

Then he turned to me and asked, ‘whats the name of  the story?’ I gave him a made up title as well (I can’t remember the titles his Dad or myself gave him, but he responded to me, ‘nice boy, mommy.’

We could not hold back our laughter. This was a precious moment and we are so grateful that infertility did not rob us of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment