Tuesday, September 22, 2009

PREGNANT WITH SOMEONELSE’S BABY

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4







This story has been in the news recently about a couple who became pregnant through invitro-fertilization, with what was supposed to be their fourth child, only to find out very soon into the pregnancy that they were pregnant with another couple’s baby, as there was a mixed up with the embryos.

The worst part of this is, she was given two choices, one to terminate the pregnancy or to give the baby to the rightful parents when its born. They are understandably in a lot of pain and I can just imagine how emotionally traumatized the wife is, because she is the one carrying the baby and is, I am sure trying everything in her power not to create a bond. This has to be difficult, if it is even possible.

When asked what will be the hardest part of this process for them, they replied, the birth, which is supposed to be soon. The wife says all she asks of the couple to whom the baby belongs, is to give her some time to say hello and goodbye to the baby. I could not hold back my tears at that point and after a while, the television was no longer visible and I immediately began to envision myself in this very difficult position. Can you imagine after struggling with infertility for so many years, I became pregnant through invitro-fertilization only to have this happened to me. I am so sure I would have found a way to keep this baby as I do not think I would be able to give it back. I would have to secure the services of the best lawyer, once I can afford it, to fight this.

It seem the couple is pursuing legal action in this regard and I really hope that, as difficult as this is for them, they will be able to find some peace and eventually closure.

They will not be able to become pregnant again because of medical issues the wife has, but luckily they still has embryos and is contemplating using a surrogate to have another child. I really hope this will work out for them as this will help them deal with the some of the emotional pain.
My thoughts and prayers are with them.
If you were in this couple’s shoes, how do you think you would deal with it? Your comments are welcomed and until next time, keep clinging to hope.
Follow the link below to see the complete story

2 comments:

  1. I could not even imagine their pain and anguish they are going through right now. This story made me bawl! My prayers are with them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is a really difficult time for them and we all need to remember them in our prayers

    ReplyDelete