Monday, September 2, 2013

“Monday Ramblings” – On to a new milestone…….




I remember like it was yesterday, the birth of our second little miracle, a little over 6 years ago, signaling our triumph over a long struggle with infertility and now he is starting first grade. I can hardly wrap my head around it.

He had a great summer, three weeks of summer school, one week of camp, with a birthday pool party thrown in the mix. He could have been gone to another camp for two weeks, quite near this time and no sleepover, but he did not want to go to another one I guess he thought one was enough, as he seemed to have been traumatized by the fact that he was away from home for all of one week, so the sound of another camp just threw him over the edge.

I was not complaining at all when I found out that he would have only spent three weeks at home, because the combination of he and his little sister can be quite lethal, so much so that quite early into his first week home, I felt like running away and not looking back. He provokes his sister and she does not back down. At one point his face looked like he was attacked by a Cheshire cat as he had scrapes all over courtesy of his little tyrant of a sister.

Today, I strongly believed that he was trying his best to give me everything he has left before he goes back out and so at one time I had to say to him, why do you give me so much talking? He replied instantly, I don’t give my teachers talking though, which is true, he is quite a saint at school and so I really believe we have two sons somewhere in there.

One thing with him is, when he ask you to do something he does not back down, until he wears you out. One morning, found me making a pirate patch and playing pirate with him and just a couple days ago I had to play engineer and make him a plane called ‘Dusty Crophopper’ from the movie Disney’s Planes, which his father took him to watch a couple days before. When my husband came home and saw it, he was quite impressed and said he did not think he could have done a better job. Who would think that my husband who eats, sleeps and dreams architecture, allows himself to be outdone by his wife.  

So then, our son starts his first day in first grade tomorrow and we endeavour to give him all the support he needs to continue to excel, because the very way he came to us, have us strongly believing that God’s intention for him is for greatness.

We love you son, and we are watching you grow with such delight. Continue to colour our world and make us proud.  










post image by: 

No comments:

Post a Comment