Monday, February 4, 2013

FOREVER GRATEFUL!!!!!!



Since I have not blogged for over 3 months, I cannot think of a better way to start blogging again, than to say how forever grateful I am to God for his favour, in allowing me to become a mom.

These past 3 months have been rough, diaper changes, sleep deprivation, throat infections, homework, and did I say sleep deprivation. Sometimes I am severely outnumbered children to adult ratio, because on occasions my husband’s niece comes over. I could easily complain of being overwhelmed or even seem ungrateful. I choose however to smile and count my blessings until I run out of fingers and toes, because I know that all this is part of the package.

On the bad days, during my decade long struggle with infertility, I would feel such despair as I am forced to process the thought of a life without children of my own. Ever since the arrival of our daughter,  It has been very surreal at times as I try to come to terms with the fact that we are parents of not one, but two children. 

The other night after my son fell asleep beside me and my daughter lay snuggled to my breast about to fall asleep, I could not help the emotions that overcame me, and I had to give thanks to God, one more time for his blessings. No longer does sex for us, involves getting the timing right, to maximize our chances to get pregnant. (‘Whoosh’ that was a piece of work).

Last Christmas Eve saw us hurrying the children off to bed so that we could wrap all the presents and have them ready for those anxious little fingers to open on Christmas Day and then I was forced to appreciate more, the age old story of Santa Claus.

The other day I saw a friend that I had not seen since the birth of our daughter. After exclaiming how big our daughter had become, without hesitation, went on to say,  ‘boy, nothing before the time eeh’

So what am I really then? Even if I sound like a scratch record, or corny, because I have written many posts like this one before, I am just encouraging those of us who are struggling with infertility or other issues in your lives and have been seeking God for answers and is now thinking that he has forgotten about you, to take heart, he does answers prayers, but in his own time.





image by: https://www.google.com.jm/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=915&q=forever+grateful&oq=forever+gra&gs_l=img.1.1.0l4j0i5l2j0i24l4.1092.3796.0.6582.11.9.0.2.2.0.94.700.9.9.0...0.0...1ac.1.2.img.URx4HVGteiY#imgrc=rCjg6CrCiKTvpM%3A%3BwdgDlZM6fs8uuM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fneedleworkpress.com%252Fsites%252Fneedleworkpress.com%252Ffiles%252Fimages%252F11%252Fforever%252520grateful%252520web.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fneedleworkpress.com%252Fnode%252F35%3B329%3B448

1 comment:

  1. Debt of gratitude is in order for this article extremely supportive, much appreciated. Elawoman

    ReplyDelete