Wednesday, February 6, 2013

GRATEFUL WEDNESDAYS – Post 10




As a people, we are very ambitious and this is good, there can however be a downside to this, if we are not careful. We could find that we lose ourselves in pursuing self-advancement; a bigger degree for that bigger salary, a bigger house, a newer car, and find ourselves wondering, why are we not happy, why does our life feel so dull and empty. The thing is, we forget to be thankful for the little things that we already have, without which, our lives would not mean much. Our relationships, our health, our faith, our freedom, I could go on.

There are times in my life when I feel I could have achieved more in certain areas, and as a result I beat upon myself and take on a 'woe is me' attitude. Thankfully, I am soon reminded that less I be accused of being ungrateful, I do have many other things to be thankful for.

In my pursuit to become a more thankful and happier person, in general then, I am urged to add a new posting feature to my blog, a segment dedicated to being thankful, which I have decided to call ‘GRATEFUL WEDNESDAYS', my gratitude journal, if you will, where I will, on Wednesdays of each week, post one thing in my life that I am thankful for, regardless of how small. 


-------------------------------------------------


Today I am grateful for good sense. As I understand it, we have 5 senses and I guess under that umbrella, we have common sense and then there is good sense (I hope I am making sense here). A popular saying goes, ‘let good sense prevail.’

Sometimes things happen to us and instead of responding, we choose to keep quiet, not because we are simple, or we are good at self sabotaging - allowing people to walk over us, but just in an effort to maintain reasonably healthy relationships. As the saying goes, ‘we take the high road.’ This is where I would think that good sense prevails.

For this, I am indeed grateful.




No comments:

Post a Comment