Wednesday, June 20, 2012

'GRATEFUL WEDNESDAYS' POST 3 - JUST SO YOU KNOW



As a people, we are very ambitious and this is good, there is however a downside to this. We can lose
our selves in pursuing self-advancement; a bigger degree for that bigger salary, a bigger house, a newer car, and find ourselves wondering, why am I not happy, why does my life feel so dull. The thing is, we forget to be thankful for the little things that we already have, without which, our lives would not mean much. Our relationships, our health, our faith, our freedom, I could go on.


There are times in my life when I feel I could have achieved more in certain areas, and as a result I beat upon myself and take on a 'woe is me' attitude. Thankfully, I am soon reminded that less I be accused of being ungrateful, I do have things to be thankful for.


In my pursuit to become a more thankful and happier person, in general then, I am urged to add a new posting feature to my blog, a segment dedicated to being thankful, which I have decided to call ‘GRATEFUL WEDNESDAYS', where I will post all the things in my life that I am thankful for, regardless of how small.


-------------------------------------------------

Post 3

Today, I am grateful for my precious family. What would my life be without you? What would my children's life be without cousins to interact with, without grandparents to spoil them and without kind aunts and uncles to love and dote on them, which at times helps so much when our resources come up short.

We do not always see eye to eye but we continue to touch and enrich each others lives even though some of us are afar. 

When everything around us change, our family is the only constant because nothing can change the fact that their is a common chord that binds us.

I love you family, each and everyone and thanks for the unique way in which each of you touch my life.





N.B. I am not dying, just sending you flowers while you can appreciate it, not when you can't.






No comments:

Post a Comment