Wednesday, June 13, 2012

'GRATEFUL WEDNESDAYS' - POST 2 - "All good gifts around us are sent from heaven above ....................."




As a people, we are very ambitious and this is good, there is however a downside to this. We can lose our selves in pursuing self-advancement; a bigger degree for that bigger salary, a bigger house, a newer car, and find ourselves wondering, why am I not happy, why does my life feel so dull. The thing is, we forget to be thankful for the little things that we already have, without which, our lives would not mean much. Our relationships, our health, our faith, our freedom, I could go on.


There are times in my life when I feel I could have achieved more in certain areas, and as a result I beat upon myself and take on a 'woe is me' attitude. Thankfully, I am soon reminded that less I be accused of being ungrateful, I do have things to be thankful for.


In my pursuit to become a more thankful and happier person, in general then, I am urged to add a new posting feature to my blog, a segment dedicated to being thankful, which I have decided to call ‘GRATEFUL WEDNESDAYS', where I will post all the things in my life that I am thankful for, regardless of how small. 


-------------------------------------------------


POST 2

Today we took the baby for a doctor's appointment and decided to just stay out until it was time to pick up our son. We grab a bite to eat and still had time, so we went to one of our popular spots for hanging out.


As we sat on one of the park benches, there was a cool, strong but welcomed wind (as the summer heat is certainly on) blowing   The baby sat on my lap sleeping and I thought to myself, this is really a great way to pass some time. My husband remarked almost immediately, "it is funny, we can hardly find time any more to do things like this. I instantly agreed, thinking how we have become a people so busy and stuck in survival mode.

I felt so grateful that we could afford the time today to just enjoy some of the good gifts that God has afforded us by way of His beautiful creation.

FOR THIS I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL

No comments:

Post a Comment