Wednesday, June 6, 2012


As a people, we are very ambitious and this is good, there is however a downside to this. We can lose our selves in pursuing self-advancement; a bigger degree for that bigger salary, a bigger house, a newer car, and find ourselves wondering, why am I not happy, why does my life feel so dull. The thing is we forget to be thankful for the little things that we already have, without which, our lives would not mean much. Our relationships, our health, our faith, our freedom, I could go on.


There are times in my life when I feel I could have achieved more in certain areas, and as a result I beat upon myself and take on a woe is me attitude. Thankfully, I am soon reminded that less I be accused of being ungrateful, I do have things to be thankful for.


In my pursuit to become a more thankful and happier person, in general then, I am urged to add a new posting feature to my blog, a segment dedicated to being thankful, which I have decided to call ‘GRATEFUL WEDNESDAYS', where I will post all the things in my life that I am thankful for, regardless of how small. 

-------------------------------------------------


I choose to begin this segment by being thankful for my Infertility Struggles. Yes, you read right. I am grateful for my struggles with  infertility because without it, I would not be the person I am today, a more patient, empathetic and less judgemental person. 

I remember when I was at the darkest in my infertility struggles, one of my Pastors who from time to time checked on me to see how I was doing, mentioned that my struggles would one day help others. My struggles took on new meaning as helping others became my goal, which gave me added strength to come out of these struggles victorious. Finally a Mom became a reality approx. 2 years after our son was born and I am satisfied that its purpose is being achieved, as I am seeing the fruits of my labour.

FOR THIS I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL






Feel free to join me in this effort and Post things that you too, are thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment