Monday, June 13, 2011

FETAL MOVEMENTS IN PREGNANCY




I have come across some pregnant bloggers who have passed 16 weeks in their pregnancies and are quite anxious to know if they have been experiencing fetal movements. Part of the reason for this is, if this is their first pregnancies, having not had the experience before, they could indeed be having fetal movements, but does not know how to recognise it.

When I was pregnant with our daughter which I lost, I was told by a friend that at 16 weeks I should be experiencing fetal movements. I however did not know how to recognise them but when these movements fail to pick up as my pregnancy advanced, I became worried because I suspected that something was terrible wrong with my baby. Our daughter was sadly diagnosed with a very rare fetal diagnosis, ‘Hydrops Fetalis’ (see information about this condition on my home page), and as such was not strong enough for me to feel her move.

When I was pregnant with our son, I started feeling him move even before the 16 week mark and this probably explains why he is so energetic now.

When should we begin feeling fetal movements, then? It is said that a pregnant woman should begin feeling fetal movements anywhere from 16 – 25 weeks in her pregnancy and even though for first time mothers, they might not be able to recognise them, they should gradually be able to identify them as their pregnancy progresses.

Read more about fetal movements by following the link below:-












No comments:

Post a Comment