Thursday, December 2, 2010

ARE YOUR INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS DRAINING YOU??

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 and 4

“HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"


While this is an infertility space, because I have no other medium of expressing myself, as it relates to other subjects, from time to time, some of my posts will not reflect anything about infertility.  I hope my readers wont mind and I remain mindful that I cannot deviate too far from my purpose.

With that said, I am no expert here, but I do know from experience, that interpersonal relationships are draining? Interpersonal relationships, both family and otherwise are very difficult and take up a lot of our time. This is because we are all created so differently and so process things just as differently.

I have had my share of interpersonal relationship conflicts and I have taken away something from each and every one of them. One of things I have learnt over all, is that life would be so much easier if we just acknowledge that we are all different and as such will never see things the same. One of my eldest sisters said this to me many years ago, when I was dealing with some of these conflicts, ‘always bear in mind that each of us are at a different stage in our life.’ It is therefore very important that we do not hold each other to too high a standard and do not expect perfection from anyone, not even ourselves.

From experience, I know that whenever a conflict occurs sometimes it is only time that can heal these wounds. Often times we try to fix things and in so doing only make them worst and this is sadly, often for selfish reasons because we still want to manipulate things in our favour. It is therefore very crucial that we realise when we are only making things worst and step back and leave it to God and time. Sometimes we do not even get around to apologising to those who we have wronged, time does this for us and at the end of this time, usually comes the opportunity for renewal.

Conflicts are necessary and does not mean that we love and care for each other any less. Conflicts  usually allow opportunity for growth and we should never let these opportunities pass us by.

In closing I want to challenge us all, we are only responsible to be the best we can so therefore do not let anyone hold you responsible for anything more than that.


No comments:

Post a Comment