Friday, December 17, 2010

MY HEARTIEST OF THANKS

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 and 4


“HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"




Today, I feel  led to use this space to acknowledge a special someone who did a very special thing for me/us.

Many of you knew that I lost the use of our laptop a while back.  Sadly it is irreparable and so we had no choice but to buy a new one. For many of us, and especially in these difficult economic times, buying a new laptop takes much more than the mere snap of a finger.  You have to engage in real audience with your finances, to see if this is, in any way, possible.

A friend of ours learnt some time ago that we were without a laptop and the other day she called me with birthday greetings, we talked again about the loss of our laptop. The next day she called and told me that she would like to offer me one. I was speechless, was I hearing correctly?, I thought.  I did not even know what to say, because it is not every day one gets a call saying that someone would like to give them a laptop, a car, or a house.

One thing I would like to honour this individual for, is her humility of heart, because she said to me that she does not want anyone to find out that she is doing this for me, as she is not one to let her right hand know what her left is doing. I did not, in any way want her kindness to just go by and this is why I have chosen to write about it on my blog and have her remain anonymous. I must say that I was very moved by this humility, because I really do not know that many people (myself included), who are still so humble today, as it relates to performing acts of kindness for others, so this, to me,  is really very encouraging.

I know you have been missing my regular postings because I have been hearing from some you and I am very grateful that I am now able to resume posting more regularly, because I did miss it myself too.

I am certainly learning with each passing day, not to question some of the paths that my life takes me, because many times you run into individuals along those paths, who add so much to your life journey and you are suddenly never the same.

MY HEARTIEST OF THANKS.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Such a wonderful yet humble friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for visiting, yes she is a wonderful and humble friend indeed.

    ReplyDelete