Friday, November 19, 2010

THE POWER OF LOVE

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 and 4

“HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"


Love is such a powerful force and without it, we would simply not exist.

Two sisters were featured on television recently on one of the morning shows. One was diagnosed with infertility as a result of premature ovarian failure. There was no doubt she wanted a family badly and so her sister stepped in and did one of the greatest acts of love ever, a great sacrifice for her sister.  She gave her the gift of a family through surrogacy and not just one child, she had twin boys for her sister.

I could not hold back the tears, as I watched how happy this incredible woman made her sister, and I immediately remembered that during my struggles with infertility, one of my younger sisters did mention to me that she could contemplate carrying a child for us. I was so moved by this and even more because my sister and I did not really have a close bond as a child, because she was closer to our youngest sister than she was to me. I suffer from a middle child syndrome because of all my six siblings, as a result of where I fall in the family (the 5th one), I am not particularly close to anyone, and for my sister to have wanted to do this for me, just made me feel all fuzzy and warm inside.

I know if my husband and I were not blessed with our son, I surely would have taken her up or be thinking of taking her up on that offer, even though her husband at the time, seemingly was not warming up to the idea. This decision is really one that deserves a lot of thought, a lot of preparation of the mind, body and soul because it is such a great sacrifice that everyone involved has to make and so I understood clearly my brother-in-law’s position a the time.

“Though I may be able to speak with the tongues of men and even of angels, and have not love, my speech is no more than a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal………Love suffereth long and is kind, envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up……Love never gives up and its faith, hope and patience never fail.” 1 Corinthians 13 1 to 6 KJB and GNB

Help me salute love.




No comments:

Post a Comment