Monday, February 22, 2010

......A MOTHER'S WORST NIGHTMARE

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4


"HOPE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE"










Getting news that your child has been injured, is a parent’s worst nightmare and on Friday of last week, I received some horrible news that a friend of mine’s son, had ingested caustic soda (a very potent acidic substance very often used to clear blocked plumbing - that could easily have proven fatal in this case).

For some reason, at first I thought that ingest meant that he just inhaled too much of it. I guess I just did not want to think anything otherwise, that this child actually had this substance in his stomach. I later learnt that he had in fact drank it, because this is what ingest means of course.
I could not help the tears, as I began picturing myself in this position and my husband was haunted by this news as well.

When I enquired later about how the little boy was doing, I was told that he would be alright as the theory was that when he realized that his mouth was burning, he had asked for his milk and drank a little and so it could be that the milk had neutralized the acid and this saved his life.

I just kept thanking God for this, because I knew it was God himself who stepped in and saved this precious little boy, who, like my son, is a miracle baby, as the mother waited quite a long time for him, after suffering a devastating miscarriage a couple of years ago.

I kept thinking about the mother when I heard about this unfortunate situation, and found out that she fainted on reaching to her car to drive to the hospital to be with her son. This was after learning that her son was unconscious for a while. I expected this reaction, as any mother would have reacted in the same way, after hearing such news.

I sent her a little note on ‘facebook’ telling her that I had heard about her ordeal and she and her son are in my prayers. She responded with thanks and said now she finds it very hard to leave him and was asking me if I think she is being paranoid. I responded to her saying that, this is understandable and that any mother would be feeling like this at this time.

Help me thank God that this situation did not turn out otherwise and help me pray for a complete and speedy recovery for this child.

Thanks and catch you for my next post

2 comments:

  1. WOW That must have been so scary! I am so happy to hear the child is ok. I can not even imagine how frightened the parents were. Sending many prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thoughtful of you as usual Michelle. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete