Saturday, June 27, 2009

“The sun will come out tomorrow”

“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.

Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand.”
Psalm 127: 3 & 4












Are you feeling particularly beaten up by infertility today? Are feelings of inadequacy, inferiority and hopelessness crippling you causing you to feel like you want to give up, throw in the towel and find a cave somewhere so that you can be by yourself and wallow in self-pity? As one who has had many of these days during my struggle with primary infertility, I know you have them too.

It is not practical and sensitive of me to say, do not let these days get you down, because that is exactly what they are designed to do, to take the wind out of your sail and cause you to feel like you are being kicked while down.

Instead I will tell you that when those days and those feelings come, it is important that you stay in the moment. Allow yourself to feel the hurt, to feel the pain. Do not get out of bed if you don’t feel like and have to, cry if you feel like, as hard as you possible can because, guess what, “the sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar.” The words of this song are so true because I found that somehow when tomorrow came there was usually new energy, new hope and a new resolve steering me onwards. I guess it is because that is what a new day brings, newness. The Psalmist says, “Your mercies are new every morning Lord, great is thy faithfulness.”


I might have mentioned a couple times on my blog that I am a stutterer. Well, I struggle with feelings of inferiority and inadequacy from I was conscious that I stutter. It did not help when I learnt that I would have to deal with infertility as well. To me, that was a double whammy. To say life has been hard for me because of these struggles would be an understatement. With the help of God though, I have managed to overcome one of my struggles as you all know and not only have I overcome this struggle, I have purposed to support and offer encouragement and help in my own small way to others who are struggling in this regard, by way of this blog. That is a great accomplishment I must say, as I did not know that I would ever be at this place in my life.

What I am saying then is if I did not give up (and at times had good reasons to), I have confidence that you won’t either and you will be a better person for it. It was brought to my attention recently by a fellow blogger that we who struggle are more sensitive and empathetic to others. For quite some time now I find that I surround myself with people who at times need a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on, so this seem very true. I guess it is because we understand pain all too well, we understand yearning and most of all we understand that we cannot take anything or anyone for granted and guess what, we are better friends, better brothers, better sisters, overall better individuals because of this, so, when the bad days and the feelings of inferiority and inadequacy comes, just remember this and you won’t feel too shabby at all. I take comfort in this as well, to help me deal with my struggles that continues.



Be encouraged therefore, and as usual, keep clinging to hope.

7 comments:

  1. I loved this - the whole thing. You do have a certain compassion for others, it comes pouring out in your words.

    You wrote: "when those days and those feelings come, it is important that you stay in the moment. Allow yourself to feel the hurt, to feel the pain. Do not get out of bed if you don’t feel like and have to, cry if you feel like, as hard as you possible can"

    This applied so much to me this week - I am really uncovering places deep inside of me that I thought were long buried. But as i write and think and reflect, they come out to visit. Sometimes, you do have to feel the pain and hurt and stay with it, in order to get past it.

    Very much like stuttering - like my new pattern of getting stuck more. A friend who is a SLP has advised me to stay stuck as long as I can, to feel it, know what happens when I get stuck, so that I can learn what to do in those moments.

    Sometimes I feel as if I running, running, running into a brick wall,other times I easily find my way around it. I can't wait till we find the time to talk in real time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet comment, we are surely connected at the heart, only we who feel it truly knows.

    This was how I got past my worst days with infertility, I allowed myself to feel the pain.

    Can't wait to talk to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone,i am here to let you all know how i got my children with the help of Dr OGUNDU herbal center.It was exactly two years of not having a child of my own,me and my husband went to different medical Doctors for check up but still there was no complain about the both of us.I read a testimony of how a lady that was wihtout a child for 8 years got one after taking Dr OGUNDU Herbs,so i contacted him without wasting time.He gave me some roots and herbs syrup and told me that i will be pregnant in less that a month.Exact two weeks,i went to the Doctor and i was confirm pregnant.I am so happy to let you all know that i am a mother of twin(Boy and Girl).What are you waiting for,contact him for your own testimony on: Contact him on:ogunduherbalcenter@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone,i am here to let you all know how i got my children with the help of Dr OGUNDU herbal center.It was exactly two years of not having a child of my own,me and my husband went to different medical Doctors for check up but still there was no complain about the both of us.I read a testimony of how a lady that was wihtout a child for 8 years got one after taking Dr OGUNDU Herbs,so i contacted him without wasting time.He gave me some roots and herbs syrup and told me that i will be pregnant in less that a month.Exact two weeks,i went to the Doctor and i was confirm pregnant.I am so happy to let you all know that i am a mother of twin(Boy and Girl).What are you waiting for,contact him for your own testimony on: Contact him on:ogunduherbalcenter@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone,i am here to let you all know how i got my children with the help of Dr OGUNDU herbal center.It was exactly two years of not having a child of my own,me and my husband went to different medical Doctors for check up but still there was no complain about the both of us.I read a testimony of how a lady that was wihtout a child for 8 years got one after taking Dr OGUNDU Herbs,so i contacted him without wasting time.He gave me some roots and herbs syrup and told me that i will be pregnant in less that a month.Exact two weeks,i went to the Doctor and i was confirm pregnant.I am so happy to let you all know that i am a mother of twin(Boy and Girl).What are you waiting for,contact him for your own testimony on: Contact him on:ogunduherbalcenter@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone,i am here to let you all know how i got my children with the
    help of Dr OGUNDU herbal center.It was exactly two years of not having a
    child of my own,me and my husband went to different medical Doctors for
    check up but still there was no complain about the both of us.I read a
    testimony of how a lady that was wihtout a child for 8 years got one
    after taking Dr OGUNDU Herbs,so i contacted him without wasting time.He
    gave me some roots and herbs syrup and told me that i will be pregnant
    in less that a month.Exact two weeks,i went to the Doctor and i was
    confirm pregnant.I am so happy to let you all know that i am a mother of
    twin(Boy and Girl).What are you waiting for,contact him for your own
    testimony on: Contact him on:ogunduherbalcenter@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a very big mistake fighting my husband, just because he ask me to give him a child after 9years of our marriage. This created a distance in our relationship, and our marriage was falling out of controlling, but the truth is that i was telling him the right thing, that when the time comes we have our baby. and one day he say to me that he can not do this any more, that is over. This was killing me and i was really hurt because I feel like I am going to lose him for another women. We have been together for 9years, i don’t know what to do any more. but today all thanks to Mallam Abudu of mallamabuduspiritualhome@gmail.com cast a spell and also send a pregnancy seed and oil down to me to drink and i was able to get pregnant. this make my husband happy and come back home. what will i have done if not for Mallam Abudu roots and herbal drugs he gave to me. again thanks to mallamabuduspiritualhome@gmail.com if you are having problem getting pregnant contact Mallam Abudu for help.

    ReplyDelete