Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Men feel it too

“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.

Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior’s hand.”
Psalm 127: 3 & 4





A follow up to my post on male infertility........
Again, because infertility is perceived as a woman’s problem, there is more focus on how the woman copes emotionally while the man sadly is left in the shadows once again. I do think that men struggle in the same way as women do but because men are more private and do not talk about their feelings, you never know exactly what they are going through, you have to literally pull it out of them.

When my husband and I were struggling with infertility, I thought I was the only one going through all the emotional ups and downs that comes with this disease because he was always so calm and normal that I thought it did not matter to him whether he had children or not.
It was not until later on in our struggles that I decided to ask him where he stood with all that we were going through with infertility that he admitted to me that it was indeed affecting him as well but he chose to be the one emotionally strong to prevent me from feeling worst. That is really a noble thing for anyone to do. Bless his heart.

I have a very good male friend who he and his wife are experiencing infertility and I do get from him from time to time that he is emotionally distressed about it. He says little things here and there that causes me to believe that he indeed is hurting but because men do not like to talk about private issues like these and they do not wear their heart on their sleeves like women, it is very hard to know exactly what they are feeling. Sometimes I want to reach out to him so much but is often scared because he does not give me enough to use and so I feel afraid that he might think I am meddling. I do reach out to his wife though, in hopes that somehow it would help make their pain a little more bearable, knowing that my husband and I were also battling this dreaded condition. It is a little harder now since I had my son but I am hoping that through my blog I am still reaching them. They remain in my prayers.

I remember the pregnancies I lost, when I told him I was expecting, you could see how is countenance suddenly changed to some degree of sadness, so much so that when I became pregnant with my son, unlike the other times, I did not tell both he and his wife until I was very advanced because I did not want to cause them any more sadness than they were already going through.

For my male readers who are dealing with infertility in your marriage, whether you are the cause or not, I know it is hard but I challenge you not to throw in the towel, your spouse need you and you need her now more than ever. Your marriage needs you too, so fight on together, your faithfulness will surely be rewarded.

For tips on how to cope with infertility, please visit the following link:-
http://infertility.about.com/od/copingwithinfertility/a/copestress.htm


All the best, and keep clinging to hope.

2 comments:

  1. I made a very big mistake fighting my husband, just because he ask me to give him a child after 9years of our marriage. This created a distance in our relationship, and our marriage was falling out of controlling, but the truth is that i was telling him the right thing, that when the time comes we have our baby. and one day he say to me that he can not do this any more, that is over. This was killing me and i was really hurt because I feel like I am going to lose him for another women. We have been together for 9years, i don’t know what to do any more. but today all thanks to Mallam Abudu of mallamabuduspiritualhome@gmail.com cast a spell and also send a pregnancy seed and oil down to me to drink and i was able to get pregnant. this make my husband happy and come back home. what will i have done if not for Mallam Abudu roots and herbal drugs he gave to me. again thanks to mallamabuduspiritualhome@gmail.com if you are having problem getting pregnant contact Mallam Abudu for help.

    ReplyDelete