Wednesday, June 26, 2013

GRATEFUL WEDNESDAYS – Feature 19 - A Life and Death Situation



Today I am grateful for the fact that I have come to accept and embrace the reality that there is life and then there is death.

I was once very terrified of death. When I heard about a death and worst if it was someone I knew, I would  go into full mode panic attack, to the point where I felt as if I was dying as well.

Recently I have been hearing a lot of news about persons who have died. For some, it is expected because these individuals are up in age and have been ailing for a while. Then there are others, young people, my age group, who have died suddenly, giving us no notice. You are then forced to wonder what is really causing people your age to be dropping like flies - just like that. Of course you are forced to think about your own mortality. What if you are not as well as you think you are, what if you should go now, what about your spouse, what about your young children, is there adequate savings and life insurance to make a difference to their lives.

Honestly, I do think about these things, but I am finding that I am not as terrified of death as before, because one thing I have come to totally accept, is the fact that there are just some things you have no control over. Life usually goes on after people die and you would be surprised to see how God causes things to fall in place and work themselves out.


I am grateful therefore that I have come to a place where death no longer scares me and as a result of this I am able to try to live each day as if it is my last, ensuring as much as possible, that I am being my best self.

No comments:

Post a Comment