Saturday, May 9, 2009

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warriors hand
Psalm 127: 3 & 4











It is indeed a great privilege to wish you all a happy Mother’s Day and I am very happy that I am now a part of this very esteemed group.

Mothers Day of 2007 found me very pregnant (eight months) with my son and as the mothers at my Church were called up to be honored, I remember sitting there wondering, should I go, I am not really a mother as yet, but for sure God's willing, I will be when the next one comes around. As I sat there pondering, someone came and suggested that I joined the other mothers. I got up promptly because by then I started thinking, of course I am a mother, It was only a little over a year ago that I gave birth to our daughter. She was dead, but her spirit and soul is very much alive and so that should qualify me.

Might I say that I gave birth in the normal natural way reserved for any normal pregnancy. I felt the same pains, maybe not as intense as a full term pregnancy, but it was pain nevertheless.

As I started walking to join the other mothers, tears began to well up in my eyes. I was crying because finally I was taking this walk, a walk that I yearned for, for so many years now. I was also crying because in exactly a month my struggles with infertility would be over as I would give birth to my son and would not have to wonder mothers days to come, if I was so qualified.


I know Mothers days are hard for those struggling to be a mother. Many mothers days passed, during my struggle, I had to actually will myself to not fall to pieces and had to, on occasions purchase something new to wear to Church to boost my spirits.

I remember the Mothers day after we lost our daughter, my goddaughter called very early in the morning to wish me happy Mother’s day, just when I was thinking that I might not be able to make it through the day. I got out of bed shortly thereafter as I received renewed hope and was so encouraged that one special little girl felt that I meant so much to her for her to do that.

So be encouraged, something might just come your way this Mothers day to remind you that you matter. You might not be a mother but someone might just think you are special to honor you in some way this Mothers day.

I feel compelled to tell you, your HAPPY MOTHERS DAY might be just around the bend, so keep clinging to hope.



ALL THE VERY BEST!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment