Thursday, August 18, 2011

YOU COULD KNOW THE SEX OF YOUR BABY FROM AS EARLY AS 7 WEEKS GESTATIONAL AGE


According to a recent research, expectant parents could know the sex of their baby from as early as 7 weeks gestational age. 
This news does not have me doing the happy dance though because I am quite comfortable with finding out the sex of my baby at the recommended 16 weeks gestational age, which now exists. I would have been comfortable as well with knowing my baby’s sex at birth, but I do not handle suspense well.
Researchers who did this study, drew blood from expectant women and add that this testing could be particularly valuable to families with sex-linked genetic disorders, such as haemophilia.
This study is not without controversy however, as other researchers has voiced concern that it could be misused to terminate pregnancies where that baby is unwanted, because of its sex.
 Read more:-



No comments:

Post a Comment