Wednesday, August 10, 2011

THINKING OUT LOUD


 I was visiting with some family members this weekend, on route to a wedding on the west end of our island.
It was a beautiful visit because we had not spent any quality time with these family members for a while and so it was all the more worth it.
This couple has no children and at this stage will not be able to have any biological ones. I also know that they would not mind having children. My husband and I were visiting with our 4 year old son and I am currently 6 months pregnant with our second child. Throughout the visit, I had moments when I was wondering how, especially my sister-in-law was co-oping with us being there, given her circumstances. She did not show any discomfort outwardly and did not hesitate to engage me in conversation about the pregnancy and our expecting child. I know it is easier for this couple to deal with this because by now, they probably have resigned themselves to be without biological children, but does this pain and void that children would fill, ever go away?
I know in my time of struggles with infertility, it was very difficult for me to be around children and expectant women, much less to be host to them for any period of time. Having this experience, I did not talk or draw any undue attention to my pregnancy at all.
 I love this couple dearly, so much so that my sister-in-law is our son’s godmother and this decision was made so that we could share our son with them.
Thanks for having us guys, we truly cherished every moment we spent with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment