Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A TRAGIC MISTAKE






An incident occurred recently, in Colorado, where a woman with child was given the wrong prescription and now she is in danger of losing her baby.

She filled a prescription for antibiotics and received medication, intended for someone else, with the same name. This medication is ordinarily used along with chemotherapy and is also used for termination of pregnancies.

Her doctor has instructed her to try and throw up the medication and has her on bed rest, as they wait and hope that all is well with this woman’s first child.

 The Pharmacy has agreed to pay all expenses related to her ordeal.

As this story unfolded, I could not help but  imagine someone who has struggled with infertility and is finally pregnant, being subjected to something like this. I am praying for a happy ending to this woman’s story.

See complete story:-

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what I would do in this situation. I'd want to not stress and upset my body in hopes of helping hold the pregnancy, but I'd be boiling.

    If she loses the baby I'd say that pharmacy can never repay her back - EVER! They should be paying her bills and then some for the mistake. You cannot give her back her baby if she loses it. You can take back the stress she has felt during this time... the anxiety, the worry... everything she is feeling.

    My heart and prayers go out to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right on with that, such a horrible thing to have happened.

    ReplyDelete