Friday, February 11, 2011

LIGHT MOMENT FRIDAYS – Feature 2



All of us who struggle with infertility can attest to the fact that it can rob us of our happiness. It can rob us of our ability to truly laugh and this is why I have come up with this new feature on my blog, called ‘Light Moment Fridays.’ I love Fridays, I guess it is because this is the beginning of a well awaited weekend and the mood is usually casual, and laid back and this is why I have chosen Fridays for this, where I will post jokes and funny videos. Our son is at the stage now where he says or does things which is so hilarious, so I will share some of those precious moments with you as well.

This is for you all, especially those of us  who struggle to be happy, amidst our hurts and pain.......DO ENJOY!!!!

******************************************************** 
I got this joke a while back and I almost died laughing, I was actually hyperventilating. I hope it will have you laughing too.


A WOMAN'S WEEK AT THE GYM - Feature 2

Dear Diary,

For my birthday this year, my daughter (the dear)purchased a week of personal training
at the local health club for me. Although I am still in great shape since being a high school
football cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give
it a try.

I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Belinda, 
who identified herself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing
and swim wear. My daughter seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! 
The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.

MONDAY: Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well
worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Belinda waiting for me. She is something
of a Greek goddess - a thinly built female, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo
Hoo!!

Belinda gave me a tour and showed me the machines. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in
which she conducted her aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring! Belinda was
encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the 
whole time she was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!!

TUESDAY: I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Belinda made
me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then she put weights on it! My legs
were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Belinda's rewarding smile made
it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT!! It's a whole new life for me.

WEDNESDAY: The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter
and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving 
was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.

Belinda was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. Her 
voice is a little too perky for early in the morning and when she scolds, she gets this nasally
whine that is VERY annoying. My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Belinda put me
on the stair monster. Why the h*** would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity
rendered obsolete by elevators? Belinda told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life.
She said some other s*** too.

THURSDAY: Belinda was waiting for me with her vampire-like teeth exposed as her thin,
cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late, it took me
that long to tie my shoes. Belinda took me to work out with dumbbells. When she was not
looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. She sent another skinny cow to find me. Then,
as punishment, she put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.

FRIDAY: I hate that cow Belinda more than any human being has ever hated any other
human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic little cheerleader.
If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat her with it. 
Belinda wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! 
and if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me those stupid barbells or anything that 
weighs more than a sandwich. The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition
 teacher.Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?

SATURDAY: Belinda left a message on my answering machine in her grating, shrilly voice
wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing her made me want to smash the machine
with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up
catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel.

SUNDAY: I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank
GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my daughter (the little rugrat***)
will choose a gift for me that is fun like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had 
wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!
·          





 



No comments:

Post a Comment